2025-07-10

Mehdi DEBATES Pro-Israel Ex-Congressman


Mehdi Hasan DEBATES Pro-Israel Ex-Congressman - full debate

Joe Walsh joins Mehdi Hasan in a HEATED debate over Israel and Gaza. Walsh, ex-Republican congressman turned Never-Trumper, is a proud supporter of Israel and its brutal war on Gaza. Mehdi challenged Walsh on his use of the “G-word” on Russia and Ukraine but not Israel and Gaza; on his criticism of the International Criminal Court for having an “anti-Israel bias”; and on his refusal to condemn Israel’s displacement of Palestinians in the West Bank. Walsh pushed back – accusing Mehdi of making this issue sound like a “one-sided affair.” Watch the full interview — it was a fiery affair, profanities were uttered, and, at one point, the former congressman even grabbed Mehdi’s questions paper out of his hand! Nevertheless, at Zeteo, we believe it is important for interviewers to ask tough questions – and even tougher follow-ups.
====
Transcript


I don't support Hamas do you support Hamas no I don't support Israel do you support Israel so that's what we're going to talk about if Israel wanted to
exterminate the Palestinian people they could have done it in three months that's the worst argument you've ever made in all the time I've I'll tell you
why Vladimir Putin could have erised everyone in Ukraine with a n nuke no it's not Israel's policy to Target
civilians Israel has gone out of their way not to 335 bullets fired into a car
with children is that a war crime I don't you know what could be investigate but godamn it this is what Hamas does all the time
they're starving people in Gaza are they starving people in Gaza what would you answer me something I'm not your
question they star staring people C McCain yes there's starvation in Gaza
but gosh darn it Israel has gone out of their way to allow Aiden 200 kids killed
in the West Bank since October 7th are you okay with that no I'm you condemn Israel okay do you condemn Israel for
killing 200 children in the west I'd have to know you have to know how the children were killed yes I'd have to
know how the children was killed who's responsible for those children answer this there's no peace in that region why
is it completely that's why no hold on no it's not read it a third time no that's all
it would don't read it a third time let me answer the freaking question you may have watched part one
of my interview with former Republican Congressman Joe Walsh where we discussed Maga and Donald Trump Trump and Elon
Musk but coming up is part two and it's the kind of interview I haven't done for a very long time it got very very heated
we debated Israel Gaza war crimes genocide and more you're going to want
to watch this roll the
tape you have been an outspoken opponent of Russia's invasion of Ukraine going as far as to call it a genocide but when it
comes to Gaza you've criticized people for calling Gaza a genocide why is that
Joe why is what's happening in Ukraine a genocide but not what's happening in Gaza when far more people have been
killed and displaced in Gaza than in Ukraine I think it goes to motive and intent I think Putin is trying to kill
and he has been for three years Ukrainian civilians kidnapping Ukrainian children his intent is to kill civilians
you and I can arm wrestle I don't think that's Israel's intent uh at all I think isra even though Israeli government
members have said far more genocidal stuff than Vladimir Putin has completely there are extreme members of israeli's
govern government members the president the Prime Minister there always have been but I but the president and prime
minister of the country know have said stuff that Vladimir Putin has not said about Ukraine and yet Joe Walsh if if
you said if you said neither's a a genocide then I'd be fine we move on we'll talk about other things about Gaza what I find fascinating is that you're
happy to say genocide here but if you say it there you get mad I don't get it I don't get mad I I just think you do
I've seen some of your tweets I just think Putin's intent yeah is to
eliminate the Ukrainian B based on his actions he why is isra
Israel's words and actions not the same Israel's actions and words again you can find some but Israel's some I find I
could read you do be all day if I started reading out all the genocidal statements I can find I can find you a
more history of a few days ago of not just a few days ago the deputy speaker of the Israeli Parliament and Senior
member of the liquid party netanyahu's party said that the Palestinian civilians his word civilians are scum
subhuman and the women and children should be separated so that men can all be killed that is stuff that mosovich
said that is stuff I've not even heard Putin say I don't hear Joe W condemning that as genocidal well I I I would
condemn that and I will condemn that statement that's a genocidal statement that is a genocidal statement I'm saying
medy that is a very minority view over in Israel oh my God in in Israel's
government and among the Israeli people well put the Israeli people to one side there's many polls the Israeli Government consists of Netanyahu and
smotrich and Amai eliyahu who said let's drop a nuke on Gaza that that's not the majority you think that is the only
government Jo they're the people killing the Palestinians right now creating the postwar plan to wipe out the
Palestinians with Trump to get rid of them from the place or genocidal is it Israel's intent to kill to Target and
kill Palestinian civilians 100% you believe it has that's been their intent from day one after October they said it
Joe they've L the guy I just quoted to you the deputy speaker of said let's kill all the adult men in Gaza and I'm
tell so you just put your hands in your ears no no no I'm telling you that's a minority view that's not the majority okay Benjamin net said they are amalec
what is amalec Joe in the Bible amalec is kill everybody men women children even the donkeys that's what Netanyahu
said I didn't hear Putin say that medy again I can find extreme things that
members of Israel's government has said if is that counts as intent and that's why they're at the icj and that's why
icj is investigating that's why some of Israel's leading Holocaust Scholars have said it's a genocide if Israel wanted to
exterminate the Palestinian people they could have done it in three months that's the worst argument you've ever made in all the time by I'll tell you
what Vladimir Putin could have erased everyone in Ukraine with a nuke nuke no yes he could oh God no yes he well with
a nuke yeah but with a nuke then no no hold on your argument is Israel is not genocidal because they haven't killed
everyone in Gaza and they could I'm saying Vladimir Putin could kill everyone in Ukraine and he hasn't therefore according to Joe Walsh's logic
Vladimir Putin is not genocidal a different situation in this degree Israel is capable from day one they were
capable oh oh go well only with nukes Israel is fighting another Sovereign
Nation with a full-on military with the support of the world Community Ukraine
right Russia you said Israel oh I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry so so Russia literally has an opposing Army supported
but it could wipe it out and by the way the definition of genocide is not to kill everyone in a place you know this right do they don't have to kill
everyone to be genocid oh I know that but many but what they've done meets many of the criteria of genocide which
is why they're in front of the icj which is why some of the leading genocide scholars in the world are saying it's a
genocide Omar bartov Israeli Holocaust historian Amos Goldberg Israeli Holocaust historian Daniel blck Israeli
Holocaust they all say it's genocide are they crazy these people study this for a living joke not you and me no I know
that I know that respect those opinions but I don't think that's the majority view but secondly the only going back to
Russia international Human Rights Watch all say genocide well again human rights
groups Israeli Holocaust historians Joe Walsh with respect what do you know that
they don't know with respect I'm sure it's more than Joe but again just to get back to Russia on this point medy to so
Russia would be forced to use a nuke because Russia is fighting literally an army years lat people were worried about
using but but a nuke then would mean the destruction of Russia that's a whole
different equation Israel doesn't have to use a nuke and they didn't from day one to get rid of the Palestinian people
but they have made life uninhabitable it's not hypothetical right now as of right now Gaza is uninhabitable Donald Trump says so the president of United
States in fact let me show you I think we got some footage I'd love to get your response uh to this footage because Gaza over the last 16 months have a look at
the screen um has suffered an apocalyptic level of Destruction this is a recent drone video from J
70% of the buildings destroyed look at that imagery that is not an anti-terror operation that is not just targeting
Hamas that is look at look at the imagery that is something out of I don't I don't even know what to is it Mad Max movie it's entirety destruction if
that's not genocidal I don't know what is I haven't seen scenes like that in Ukraine maybe in one town marol but I haven't seen the entire Gaza Strip medy
by every measurement of urban Warfare Israel has G please don't give me a talking point Joe no I'm not I'm looking
at that respond to the footage responding to the footage give a down about I do don't say that I do give
engage with please don't give me some talking about about Urban Warfare stats I know the stats I can give you stats I'm ask you to respond to that footage
agreed and entire cities and towns white G needs to be rebuilt that's not engaging with the footage it what is
your human reaction to seeing entire town cities refugee camps wiped out my
my reaction is that really sucks that's horrible that needs to be rebuilt but
I'm not GNA lay the Lion Share of the blame on Israel the people who WIP that out the people who chose to drop 2,000
bombs on civilian Homes apartments buildings I'm going to lay the Lion Share the blame on Hamas for starting
the war on October 7th knowing exactly what would happen hiding four years
behind their civilians putting their civilians In Harm's Way I'm not going to blame very strange argument that says
they started a war knowing that would happen so so hold on so if I start a fight with a known gangster or murderer
and he kills a bunch of my family response it's my fault oh no seriously the the law would it's a very strange
you're basically conceding that Israel was going to respond in a genocidal way that's what you're saying you're saying Hamas started knowing Israel would do
that that doesn't make morally right what I'm not conceding that's a genocidal way what is that what is that
imagery in your eyes I'm trying to understand what is that a that is a horrible result that is something we've
not seen in modern Wars I mean what they've done in Gaza other military commanders you know this Joe incling the US have said we would never do this the
UK the US the Gaza Gaza is a very very unusual setting for a war like this I'll
give you this but we're talking about we're talking about Hamas that has a
history of purposely provoking Israel then hiding behind they would say
they're provoked by Israel by unending occupation but I want to ask you this question about civilians I want ask I
love being with you no but I want to ask you because I want to deal with actual substantive stuff we can that is subst no it's that's opinion I want to doal
with fact oh my God it is opinion about who provoked who we can get into that I will come to that I promise but just dealing with this I just want to deal
with human cuz the reason I want to talk to you about the subject is because at home in the US I see you caring about
human rights civil liberties democracy fascism and then I see Israel you're on the wrong side completely so when I look
at for example that destruction I don't think you would defend that if it wasn't Israel that was doing it similarly six-year-old hindra you always say Hamas
Hamas Hamas this is the great excuse for Israel committing war crimes you have a six-year-old girl hind RAB infamously
killed in a car with her four cousins her uncle art all killed by an Israeli
tank that was firing at them she makes a 911 call very very tragic horrific call
they send two paramedics the Palestinians to rescue her the Israelis killed the paramedics as well in the
ambulance um Sky News uh The Washington Post have all debunk the Israeli denials that their tank wasn't in the area at
the time um the UK independent investigators forensic architecture they looked at it and said that the Israelis
fired 335 bullets into this car and the tank driver had to have seen that there
were children sitting in this car how do you defend that joke I don't I don't you do I've got a quote from you that you
says Israel deserves immense praise for winning this war as carefully as they can would you say that to the remaining family members no no let me finish I
would you say that to their faces of hind Rab's family oh oh God no medy look I defend the way Israel let me
finish abstract this is why I get specific I know how people do this abstract specific so let me address both
I agree broadly speaking I defend the way Israel has fought this war
acknowledging that let me finish this thought that mistakes are made in every
war and that there are purposeful indefensible acts made even by the IDF
and any military and that's an example of one and this is so you agreeing then that in this war that you support Israel
has committed war crimes oh I I agree purposeful yes mistakes have been made
not mistake mistake is I shot that person I didn't mean to shoot that person a war crime is I deliberately
killed the civilian which you seem to concede for a moment and then you pulled back hold on I don't know that I'm going to call it a war crime I'm going to say
well I don't know what's killing a child with 335 bullets War crime give me the form definition a violation of
international humanitarian law deliberately targeting civilians what every Human Rights group I mean I could I can start reading to you I can to you
from the international criminal court Chief prosecutors in we know he literally charged the Prime Minister
support with war crimes well and crimes against human I don't support that Minister you praised that I also called
for him to resign I know but you but you also prised you also prised right right right but let me get that on the record
two weeks after October 7th I said he needs to go and then in the 18 months since you've praised a man who is indicted I've also been critical of
indicted for war crimes I could care less about what the igc said about war you sound like a republican of old
now I I Republicans this is what I'm saying I you're like rule of law Judiciary courts abroad screw the icj
and the ICC do you see how you switch from home and abroad at home Joe Walsh the Democrats abroad you're Joe Walsh
supporter of fascism and anti- international law but you know what's great about this whole thing is it's
it's all focused on Israel you haven't for a second talked about what is you're not the supporter of the Palestinian
when I talked to people who support that I asked them about that you are a supporter of the Israeli government so I'm going to ask you about Israel and
and and I'm and you can do what about ISM all you want again that's what Maga people do here when you ask them about Maga what do they do they blame the
Democrats so let's not play that about Israel Med it's not it's not the Maga game I'm going to say yes Israel's made
mistakes I'm going to say yes Israel isra Israel call what you want Israel I'm asking call and I'm going to tell
you I I don't know I'm going to tell you I'm not going to let you run away with it you can shout all you want 335
bullets fired into a car with children is that a war crime I don't you know what could be investigate it but godamn
it inv this is what Hamas does all the time hiding behind civilians is war
crime you know what by the way by the way you said I I know I see you say this all the time hiding behind civilians
hiding behind civilians And yet when Israelis actually use Palestinians as human Shields you don't say anything last week it emerged have you I checked
your Twitter Joe you can correct me last week it emerged that 80-year-old man Israeli press reported was being used as
a human shield they were taking him into houses putting him in front of them an actual human shield right they were using a Palestinian man they've done
that many times do you know they've said let me finish entance they send Palestinians into tunnels in Gaza have you condemned that as have you cond that
as a use of human shield was not aware of it and if I was aware of it I'd condemn whyw it's all over the Israeli
why are you not acknowledging that this is hamas's policy and this has been
their policy from day one I a about H is irrelevant because I don't support Hamas let me hear you say I don't support
Hamas do you support Hamas no do you support Hamas do you support Hamas I don't support Hamas so that D do I
support stop for a minut can no no not when you don't let me finish I let me
finish I promise I'll let you give answer I'll give you a long answer if you let me finish with one sentence I
don't support Hamas do you support Hamas no I don't support Israel do you support Israel that's what we're going to talk
about now ask it's very simple you're here to support Israel stop but Hamas talk about something we both with has
been the governing entity in Gaza for how many years so yes you do need to
talk about Hamas because Hamas did what they did on October 7 condemn it do you condemn yes do you condemn but
you're not condemning Israeli war crimes that's why I don't understand you're trying to dodge it with what about is about Hamas it's a very simple question
I can keep going Let's Play a clip here let's play a clip for you to watch we got a clip of a grandmother here's a grandmother maybe you're not aware of
this this is a Palestinian grandmother in her 50s she's holding a child right in her arms he's got a white flag she's
shot in Cold Blood by an Israeli sniper who's my I don't know what the hell that was that's not how do I know it's a
sniper who shot at a Palestinian grandmother you invite you show me a clip of that and you tell me what it is
I'm sorry okay I'm not familiar with I'd like to know what that is you know I
can go through multiple examples right you know that I can start reading multiple examples the alos family in
Gaza whose apartment bu was bombed we can go through each every examp where you and I will disagree is this and I'm
telling you this is ugly and it's horrible and it's unfortunate it's not Israel's policy to Target civilians
Israel has gone out of their way not to they are fighting an opposition medy
that has a history of doing the exact opposite you say they don't have a policy of doing that and see you won't
acknowledge that you won't can you just can you say yes or no to that yes or no too does Hamas have a history of doing
the exact opposite does Hamas Hamas has a history Target isra cili Hamas has yes
it has in the past for example when I was a teenager I was condemning bus bombings if you remember in the 19s right but hold on hold on wait as a
policy though what's about ISM it's not as a policy you that's the policy of Hamas only the
governing entity of I'm the only one here who has condemned civilian killings on both sides you've called it a mistake
which I find grotesque let me read to you about Israeli policy this is from haret last year Israeli newspaper you're
saying you're not aware of this let me tell you this um an Israeli soldier uh relays that a senior Commander asked him to shoot an Anan man with a white flag
he said he's got a white flag he says I don't care shoot him it's an order another Israeli soldier told plus 9972
there were no restrictions on ammunition we could just shoot to relieve our boredom we don't need to explain you just shoot when soldiers see someone
approaching it's permissible to shoot them you can shoot a young girl and old woman this is testimony from Israeli
soldiers Joe that it's a free fire zone they can shoot and kill whoever they want that is a policy that is a war
crime and many would argue that's genocide that is what you're defending today which is kind of do you believe
answer this question no no no you I'm saying I condemn that and hold
on it why would call it a war crime I'll say what Hamas did October 7 was a war crime will you say what I've described a
war crime Everyone's Watching I'm the only one war CRI maybe a war crime I don't trust some International Group who
has you don't trust Palestinians who talk about being I don't trust an international group with an inherent
anti-israel bias to tell me that's War international criminal wayra bias oh God
yeah like the UN like the UN has you just made a claim this is very trumpy right now just throwing things around
what is the icc's evidence of antisemitism do me a favor just one do me one favor don't call it Trump and
don't call it because it's so fascinating to see that you are borrowing I think the united nation has an anti-israel bias that's I said the
ICC where's the icc's anti- I don't want to debate that right now I'm asking isra
because it's a long debate this is a very simple one where's your evidence of ICC antira most of the people they've indicted are African leaders they
haven't indicted anyone from Israel ever Israel's not they also indicted Hamas commanders because I do not believe
Israel's committing a genocide and I think they were out of line saying that Israel never said they committing a
genocide what ICC say international criminal court said he's uh guilty they charged him with war Crim willful
killing of civilians and starvation charge right and guess and guess who backed them up guess who was their adviser Theodor myON Holocaust Survivor
Israeli judge is he anti-israel as well charged to Netanyahu Netanyahu and Gallant you think B Benjamin Netanyahu
and Gallant have purposly tried to destroy kill and starve that is what the evidence did the ICC of amass that's
what the ICC has argument is instead of engaging with the evidence like the evidence giv to say that hold on let me
finish anti-israel bias that's just Trump you're engaging in the because you know what you've done you know what you've done again not you're you're not
the IC I'm not you know what you've done this is what you do I love you you're great but you you will grab example
after example and you'll tell me that F factual instances and you'll tell me
this is proof that this is Israel's policy and I'm telling you Israel's policy is not to Target and
wipe out and Destroy and the difference between me and you is you're just a pining and I'm giving evidence how do you know it giving you an
example examples so far since this interview began I've read out to you what the deputy speaker said which you
condemned I've read out to you about kid being killed which you apparently let me finish you keep interrupting me and say I'm interrupting you a kid a kid being
killed you condemned it I've shown you a video of a grandmother being killed you said you know anything about it I've
read out quotes from Israeli soldiers and I've quoted the international freaking criminal court and you said
they're just anti-israel that does sound trumpy well they are anti-israel condemned I've condemned stay day
where's your evidence condemn every example you've given me my evidence that they're not is the
way that Israel has conducted this war period trying to move trying to move
civilians out of the way leaflets to notify civilians to get out we're going to going out of clearing hospitals doing
you destroyed most of the hospitals in Gaza stop this why why they destroy hospitals you haven't answered my
question have they not given warning it's very funny that you haven't answered my question but I'm going to go back to you've known me for years I'm going to go back to it what's your
evidence that the international criminal court has anti-israel bias I I think I I think they've exhibited anti-israel bias
be because I do not believe the evidence they presented uh Justified that
willfully Netanyahu and G Galan committed war crimes you read all evidence is that I got to go back but
yeah I read a lot of it I do the guy who supported them the guy who supported
them is a man named judge Theodore Myron who's a holocaust Survivor and Israeli judge he said feel these charges is he
anti- Israel as well feel no but is he anti- Israel as well you don't say you disagree with the court you go for this lazy they're anti-israel they're anti I
disagree with the court that's fine but what's the evidence of their anti-israel I I think they it's just a conspir it's
just ad homm and that's why I say it sounds trumpy you just throw out anti-israel based on what you've got no
evidence everyone's I I consider all day what's your evidence for the ICC I think they had it in for Netanyahu I they had
in I look when I look at when I again I got to go back when I look at what was
put forward they've charged mostly African leaders and in this case they've charged Hamas and Israel and your argument is instead of engaged with the
copious evidence that the prosecutors brought that the judges have you look at the way is the evidence is there you
don't want starvation look the they're starving people in Gaza are they stopping people in Gaza what would you answer me
something your question are they staring people in Cindy McCain is she anti Israel as well
the head of the world food program Widow of the most pro-israel senator in our lifetime she has said that people are
starving to death in Gaza they're blocking our Aid trucks she ly is she lying syy M she's blaming Israel is she
lying people in Gaza may be starving is she lying is what I no let me damn it medy would you ask a then don't ask
it four times yes answer it the first time and I have to repeat it do me a favor stop let me speak yes there's
starvation in Gaza but gosh darn it Israel has gone out of their way way to allow Aid in and who's stopped the aid I
mean for two three years who's who's G who's uh robbed the aid trucks and all
the aid coming in Hamas Terror to the US govern the B Administration you supported they didn't present evidence
of Hamas criminal gangs that Israel actually supports according to the Israeli press but let me ask you this because you you're very supportive of
Israel that's why I want to do this interview and then you don't want to actually defend them you want to make it about Hamas just before I got to ask you this I do no no no
stop I defend the way Israel's fought this war even though even though every
example I've given you say you condemn it but at the end you still even though there are examples of outrageous and
atrocious Behavior I had it's not the policy of the ID had by the way whether
it's your policy or not a war crime is a war crime Joe by the way just to break that to you doesn't matter what your policy is if you commit a war crime
that's a crime that's just so you know international law I've had Ehud alad on the show former prime minister of Israel I've had ammy Ison on the show former
head of shinb and that screen and they've supported Israel but they've also criticized Israel's in many ways in a way I don't
hear someone like you criticizing is you tweeted recently I'll swim across the ocean to defend Israel you're very gung-ho in your support for Israel in a
way that Israelis are not they're like our country is messing up big time and then there's you I haven't heard you
criticize so many things Israel are doing you are today because I've asked you to but I look I went through your Twitter thre I went through your Twitter
Joe let me just ask you I just want to ask just want to check your views so check so viewers know your views generally I don't you don't crize Israel
no no no I I will but generally I don't so for example 40,000 Palestinians in the West Bank have been driven from
their homes the Israelis said you can't come back that's a war crime do you condemn that just in the last few weeks do you criticize what do you mean
they've been driven from their home they've been pushed out by the Israeli military 40,000 people the size of a town in your old District in Illinois
just gone and they've been told you cannot come back nyaho sitting in their house in a photo you would go mad if Vladimir Putin was sitting in a
Ukrainian home medy I I don't
understand what pull back for a minute after October 7th what would you have
head is the West Bank has nothing to do with October 7th that's why I specifically asked about the West Bank because I know because I know you're obsessed with going back to October 7
Hamas the world I'm sorry I'm sorry the West Bank H the West Bank I didn't know you talking about the West I'm talking about the West Bank 40,000 people driven
from their homes by violent settlers you've been watching the violent settlers crazy people I assume you don't agree with them they make marjerie Taylor green and Trump look moderate the
far right Israeli s they are as close as we've got to radical islamist terrorist and they are driving people out of their
homes 40,000 people do you condemn that I've not seen you say a word about that on your social media and your shows that's happening right now I don't hear
you criticizing Israel for it I don't you don't criticize Israel for driving 40,000 people from their homes no I
don't I don't um look I Israel has to
they're not going to make the same mistake they made in Gaza this they're doing exactly what they did in Gaza actually they they're
displacing people from their homes what do you me doing they did in Gaza well a million people have been driven from their homes in Gaza and now we have
50,000 because Israel is breaking international law oh not because the ruling govern governing entity of Gaza
declared war on Israel on October even if that were true and that's not true no there was a war before October I know
Joe Walsh's World began on October 7 but there been since 1967 Hamas didn't even exist in 1967 so the war didn't begin on
October the 7th but my question is you're saying now today okay let me ask you this they initiated the latest stage
of 200 kids killed in the West Bank since October 7th are you okay with that no Isel okay do you condemn Israel for
killing 200 children in the west I'd have to know Med you have to know how the children were killed yes I'd have to
know how the children was killed who's responsible for those children just like the Israelis are just like I want to
know every Israeli kids killed with sers settler killed in in the West Bank look Med this is 200 kids killed and you
don't you can't bring yourself to I do condemn it I want to know just a moment ago you literally did not I don't know
who killed those two Israel did according to every International Observer human rights the UN the US show
me what ex the children show me the show me every instant where two and I'll I'll show you I'll show you a terrorist
attack where six Israel there is not true there are there are no many of these cases involve children who no I'll
show you CH just making stuff up now you are I said to you many kids are kill and
you just assume there's a terrorist no you make this sound like a one-sided Affair forever I know the war's been going on for telling maybe
that's telling but what do you mean maybe that's telling it is onesided oneid is the occupier the other side is
occupied one side has nuclear weapons and is killing thousands of children the other side is not me ask question answer
this there's no peace in that region why is it completely that's why no no those are
those are his words not mine no no no I'm asking funny because you said recently I'm not glad you brought this up you said there would be peace in the
Middle East tomorrow if the Palestinians wanted peace and agreed Israel has a right to exist that's all it would take
and that's all it's on the Palestinians you said Israel has always wanted peace ahma came on my show he doesn't agree
with you ahud Barack doesn't agree with they're right Israeli politicians who say know Israeli governments have blocked peace let me Netanyahu said
recently no Joe you don't get to ask me a question no I'm going to answer four times let me answer my question I'm not
no no I'm not going Benjamin Netanyahu says I'm the guy who blocked peace blocked a palestin state for decades
he's bragging about blocking peace and you're pretending is is the hold on I'm asking you the qu I'm asking you I want
to make sure I heard you correct there is not peace in that region are you telling me that's all on Israel it's not
all on Israel but it's mostly on Israel mostly on Israel going back 70 80 years of course if we want to get into 1948 we
could do that there'll be another show we don't have time for that today but in terms of the last couple of Decades of the quote unquote peace process
Netanyahu said his words everyone knows that I am the one who for decades
blocked the establishment of a Palestinian State he's saying it out loud and then you go on Twitter and say it's all the Palestinians fault that's
absurd it is because the the Hamas the PLO the pales majorities of the
Palestinian people for years and decad es do not believe Israel has a right to
exist doled that that is true many arat in 1993 the pl recognizes the state of
Israel's right to exist in peace and security that was 1993 part of H and who ended that peace process Netanyahu it's
part of who ended that peace process rabin's Widow blames Netanyahu she says my husband's Widow
does walk away from you are more Pro Netanyahu than Rabin Barack olmer it's
weird that Joe Walsh is more Pro Netanyahu than Israeli leaders who blame netan for this I'm pro Israel no I'm pro
Israel because isra agre with you thousands of Israelis and I do not sit in front of you and say that this is all
one-sided like you Jo I'm I'm going to read the quote to the viewers it is on
the Palestinians that's what you just said I stand by that so you just lie no hold on 10 seconds ago you said I didn't
say I put it all on the you I'm read the quot again again put it all on the palestin on the Palestinians Israel has
always wanted peace that is putting it all on the Palestinians no it's not I'll read it a third time that's all it would take don't read it a third time let me
answer the freaking question yes the Palestinian people have to say that and
if they say that medy then the Israeli people have to accept that I do believe
bull crap if the no you don't if the Palestinian give Palestinian people said
tomorrow if they all rose up they said it in 1993 1988 the Arab the Arab pie
initiative 2002 2007 was part of the PLO chapter as of a few years ago it was
it's still part of hamas's chapter that's Hamas not the PLO let me ask one last question time you don't support a
two-state solution you have attacked the idea of a two-state solution so what do you propose that millions of Palestinians just live under occupation
and aparte with no voting rights no equality it's not occupation it's not aparte okay you call whatever word you
want Palestinians living with no voting rights no equality no Freedom indefinitely that's the Joe wal solution
pales were given Gaza that's not what I no I'm getting to my answer Palestinians were given Gaza and look what they did
with it the Palestinians were given the West Bank when were they given the West Bank you're lying Joe they were never
given the West Bank Israel has occupied the West Bank since 1967 controls everything in I know that
I know that after again that the history is littered with Israel I'm not even ask history I'm ask I'm telling you what do
you think should happen to 3 million Palestinians living in the West Bank it should be Israel and the pales they
should have equal voting rights the Palestinians should live in Israel as Israeli citizens absolutely so one state
so you're in favor of one Democratic State yes absolutely be and I know what you're thinking I know where you're
going I'm telling you this I'm fine with I support that but I'm surprised to see you always supported that because Arabs
and Muslims then you know that Palestinians would probably end up being the majority in that state which is why the Jewish people have blocked that for
a long I do know that maybe I'm not convinced of that but you would say you would say a solution to the Middle East
would be to give all of the Palestinians the West Bank and all of the palestin Gaza Israeli have one state one state
one equal state which they have equal rights do they have equal rights can I just answer it yes a one-state solution
the state is Israel the West Bank Gaza it's all Israel everyone living in that
state has equal rights I wrote an article I wrote an article about that 13
years ago well we're almost in agreement because if they all had equal rights it wouldn't technically be Israel which is ethnos State I think it would but I
think we can I think we can both agree that it's a state where everyone's equal and I don't care what we call it it would be Israel now but a bigger Israel
and maybe Israelis would be Jews would be outnumbered but I don't think I just want I don't care about names I want
equal rights and everyone to have voting rights and freedom and I want do you yes and iend on a note of agreement and I
want the Israelis and everybody to be able to live in peace Joe Walsh thank you for taking this time out to have
this debate thanks man did you like this video don't forget to subscribe to this YouTube channel and turn on
notifications for exclusive content and to support our independent unfiltered journalism head over to
z.com your support matters
====
Please give me a summary of the content of video with enough details so that I undertand the video without watching it.
Analysis
The video features a heated debate between Mehdi Hasan and former Republican Congressman Joe Walsh regarding Israel and Gaza. The discussion covers the war in Gaza, war crimes, and the accusation of genocide.


Mehdi Hasan challenges Walsh on several points:

Walsh's use of the term "genocide" for Russia and Ukraine but not for Israel and Gaza, despite a higher death and displacement toll in Gaza. Hasan argues that Israeli government members have made "genocidal" statements even more extreme than those from Vladimir Putin.

Walsh's criticism of the International Criminal Court (ICC) for alleged "anti-Israel bias". Hasan questions the evidence for this bias and points out that the ICC has also indicted Hamas commanders. He also cites Judge Theodor Meron, a Holocaust survivor and Israeli judge, who supported the ICC's charges against Netanyahu and Gallant.

Walsh's refusal to condemn Israel's displacement of Palestinians in the West Bank. Hasan states that 40,000 Palestinians have been driven from their homes in the West Bank by violent settlers and the Israeli military, which he calls a war crime.

Walsh's defense of Israel's military conduct, even in light of incidents like the killing of six-year-old Hind Rajab and her family, where 335 bullets were fired into their car by an Israeli tank. Hasan argues that such actions, and the killing of paramedics who tried to rescue her, constitute war crimes. Walsh concedes that "mistakes are made in every war" and that there are "purposeful indefensible acts" by the IDF, but he doesn't explicitly call the Hind Rajab case a war crime.

Walsh's claim that Israel's policy is not to target civilians, despite evidence and testimony from Israeli soldiers suggesting a "free fire zone" where they can shoot at will.

Walsh's counter-arguments include:

Accusing Mehdi Hasan of making the issue sound like a "one-sided affair".

Stating that if Israel wanted to exterminate Palestinians, they "could have done it in three months". Hasan counters by saying this logic would mean Putin is not genocidal for not nuking Ukraine.

Claiming that Israel has gone "out of their way" not to target civilians and to allow aid into Gaza, blaming Hamas for stopping aid and robbing trucks.

Dismissing extreme statements from Israeli government members as "minority views".

Suggesting that the conflict would end if Palestinians simply wanted peace and accepted Israel's right to exist, a claim Hasan refutes by citing Netanyahu's own statements about blocking a Palestinian state.

The debate also touches on the concept of human shields, with Hasan condemning Israeli forces for allegedly using Palestinians as human shields. Towards the end, Walsh states his support for a one-state solution where all people, including Palestinians in the West Bank and Gaza, would have equal voting rights and live in Israel as Israeli citizens, acknowledging that this might lead to Jews being outnumbered.
===

No comments: